Single registrationBuy Now
Course Description: Organizations, are now grappling with how to restructure work, the workplace, and the effective delivery of programs and services as the COVID situation continues to evolve. For some the challenge will be to return to onsite work after almost a year at home. For others, the best solution may be to continue working from home with perhaps occasional days onsite.
During the pandemic, you may have recognized there are functions which don’t require people to be onsite 100% if the time. You may have re-evaluated how you deliver your products, programs or services or expanded use of technology. The “new normal” will NOT look like the “old normal.”
As people return, some many adjust quickly while others may require more time. Some may have symptoms of stress while a few may even show signs of PTSD. Some may have lost loved ones to the virus or even been sick themselves. Their emotional needs may require greater understanding and support.
The key to success will be deciding in your organization how to remain flexible, responsive, innovative, and safe. Developing solutions will NOT be a one-size-fits-all effort as each organization must figure out what works best in your environment.
Some of your products, services or programs may have been altered during the pandemic. How do you decide which ones to continue delivering in the new way and which ones to return to the former approach? Have new needs arisen among customers, clients or constituents which you should address?
There are so many questions and not necessarily so many easy or quick answers. You and your board, management team, staff, and legal representatives will face a new set of challenges and need to take a strategic approach and develop a well-thought-out plan.
· Understand the challenges you will face in the “new normal”
· Be prepared to work with staff, customers, clients, and constituents differently
· Create and execute a new mission-based plan to address sort- and long-term change and challenges
· Maintain flexibility, innovation, adaptability, and safety
· What challenges do we anticipate when we return?
· What have our customers, clients or constituents experienced?
· What new needs should we consider addressing?
· What logistical issues do we need to examine including physical facilities, technology, or supply chain?
· What emotional issues do we need to anticipate with staff and how can we prepare to deal with these?
· What challenges will our HR and legal functions face?
· How do we put together a strategic plan to return to the workplace and define the new normal?
· How do we encourage adaptability and innovation?
· How do we maintain flexibility in the “new normal” to better serve and remain responsive to our customers, constituents or clients and engage our staff?
· What safety precautions must we install permanently?
· Leaders, managers, and board members returning after COVID disruptions
· Public, private, and nonprofit leaders and managers
· Human Resource leaders, managers, and generalists
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc., works with companies around the world that want strategic leaders and engaged employees to increase bottom- and top-line results and delight customers. You achieve your goals through strategic planning and leadership, management, team, and organizational development. Draw on her proven ability to mentor you through major change, working with you to craft customized, successful solutions to your complex business issues in all economic sectors. Our mission is your success. Rebecca is the author of Success Planning: A 'How-To' Guide for Strategic Planning, Conventional Wisdom: How Today's Leaders Plan, Perform, and Progress Like the Founding Fathers, and the forthcoming Washington's Shadow: How Leaders Cast a Long Shadow and Create a Strong Culture. She has contributed improved organizational value as a leader, manager, keynoter, educator, and consultant honored by organizations on four continents. Rebecca is a Ph.D. in organizational development, MBTI Master Practitioner, a National Speakers Association Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering Academy Foreign Member.